Adults 65 years and older, those with underlying medical conditions, like heart disease, diabetes, Tuberculosis, pneumoconiosis are more likely to develop an illness.
“Here is what you can do “
- Review your symptoms, self-check your symptoms to make the decision, and seek appropriate medicals regarding Covid-19.
- Call first about testing and screening. Phone 2019.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash with soap and water for 20 seconds or longer. (Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol).
- Practice social distancing if you around other people, keep 1 meter or more between you as possible.
Avoid hugs, handshakes, large gatherings, and close contact.
How do I prevent COVID-19?
- There is no vaccine to prevent Coronavirus, - the best way is to prevent exposure to the virus. (Avoid exposing other people).
- Practice social distancing –why? – The disease spreads mainly by people to people transmission, when someone sneezes or coughs.
- Wear a face cloth mask in public. The face cloth should cover your nose and mouth when you are in public.
- Wear face cloth mask in places such as market places, grocery shops, supermarkets, and funerals. (Do not use surgical masks meant for health workers).
- Don’t place cloth masks on children under 2 years of age.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover cough and sneezes.
- Clean high touch surfaces, tables, cloths, surfaces, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, toilets faucets, and sinks.
- Buy online, make buying clubs, and disinfect your grocery paper bags after entering your home.
- Let’s use our Town CBD green market as a wholesale
- Let’s not visit public places unnecessarily.
- Decrease the number of staff at one go, this will increase the risk and a toll order for PPE/C.
- Put mechanisms for the screening of all staff returning or reporting for work.
- Get a letter of authority for trading if you are an essential service provider, routine inspection for compliance is mandatory.
- Don’t let your children attend extra, holiday lessons not sanctioned at law.
- Seek advice from your public health section using online WhatsApp or in person.
WHAT DO I DO IF I THINK I WAS EXPOSED TO COVID?
Be on the watch of the following symptoms;
- Fever 38 degrees Celsius.
- cough, unproductive cough.
- shortness of breath.
- Call before you go to the hospital
WHAT DO I DO IF IAM SICK?
- Call 2019.
- Restrict activities outside except getting medical care.
- Do not go to school, work, or public places.
- Avoid public transport, rides, taxes, and mushika-shika.
- Stay away from others-in a specific room –use separate bath rooms-avoid contact with pets.
- Wear a face mask if you are sick.
The following activities are being done by your public health department with other stakeholders to prevent COVID -19;
- Town disinfection every forty night to prevent the spread of COVID -19.
- We are using hydrogen peroxide 3% for surface disinfection and alcohol-based disinfections for markets and other public places.
- We are carrying out a risk communication “awareness campaign” twice per week in Chegutu urban.
- Disinfection, sanitary, and water points inspection.
- Water quality monitoring.
- Business inspections
- Diseases investigations and surveillance.
- Burial supervision and all other WASH ACTIVITIES.
ALL THESE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF PUBLIC HEALTH PLAY YOUR PART, OBSERVE THE COVID-19 REGULATIONS. LET’S FIGHT THIS PANDEMIC TOGETHER.